For the Parking Clerk: (781) 784-1500 x1200
(781) 784-1500 x1201
Toby is excited because, for the first time in many years, his Sharon dog tag is not going to be a circle! At the end of the 2021/2022 School Year, I had the privilege of visiting with all the 5th Graders across our three elementary schools. We discussed civics, what a Town Clerk does, and the importance of voting. We also took a vote on what the shape of the 2023 Dog License would be. The options they had to choose from were a bone, a dog, a heart, and a triangle. The results were as follows:
Bone won with 59% of the vote!
I had a great time with the kids and I look forward to next year’s Dog Tag Election.
- Dogs licenses cover a calendar year and are due in January annually.
- Intact dogs are $20.00
- Neutered/Spayed dogs are $15.00.
- If you have a new dog or if the rabies certificate you previously provided has expired, please provide the current certificate when registering.
- If this is your first time registering your dog after spaying or neutering, please provided the pertinent paperwork.
- Dogs licensed after May 31, 2023 will be subject to a $50.00 late fee, per dog (in addition to the regular registration fee).
- Dogs licensed after June 30, 2023 will be subject to a $50.00 Noncriminal Disposition Fee, per dog (in addition to the $50.00 late fee, and the regular registration fee).
- So, please take advantage of one of the three ways you can license your dog(s).
- In Person:
- Cash or Check made out to the TOWN OF SHARON
- The Town Clerk’s Office is open:
- M,T,W: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 12:30pm
- Online: Click Here
- Mail: Follow the instructions on the form attached to the bottom of your annual census.
- In Person:
- $35.00 for 4 dogs
- $60.00 for 5 to 10 dogs
- $125.00 for 11+ dogs.