The Board of Assessors is responsible for the fair and equitable valuation of all real and personal property in the Town, according to the laws of the Commonwealth. The values generated by the Assessors are updated annually. The valuation date is January 1st. The values are reviewed and certified by the State Department of Revenue every five years. The next certification of the approximately 7,000 parcels of real estate and 140 accounts of personal property occurs in Fiscal Year 2022.
The Assessors Office generates the bulk of the revenue for the Town of Sharon through real and personal property taxes. Real and personal property tax bills are issued Quarterly.
Assessors Meetings: Selected Weekdays at 10:30 a.m.
Fiscal Year 2020 Tax Rate for all Property Types: $19.00
Other services provided by the Assessors Office include:
- Establish a tax rate
- Review and act upon abatement requests for real estate and personal property
- Review and act upon abatement requests for motor vehicle excise
- Review and act upon personal exemptions for real estate (Elderly, Veteran, Blind, Surviving Spouse)
- Review and act upon applications for classification of real estate as agricultural/horticultural, forestry or recreational land
- Provide property information to brokers, appraisers, attorneys and the general public
- Certify abutters lists
- Update assessments based upon building permit work
To contact the Assessors office by e-mail: AOffice@townofsharon.org
|Jeffery Funk||Administrative Assessor||(781) 784-1500 ext. 1150|
|Jennifer Florio||Administrative Assistant||(781) 784-1500 ext. 1152|
|Jeanette Berrios||Senior Clerk||(781) 784-1500 ext. 1151|
Board of Assessors
Anne M. Carney
Ellen Wolfson Abelson
Richard B. Gorden