Social Services

The Sharon Adult Center/Council on Aging has a masters level social worker on staff to assist Sharon elders (60+) and their families.  Assistance is also provided to those of any age with disabilities and in certain instances, non-elders.


Some examples of the issues elders and/or families might seek assistance with are:

  • Leisure planning
  • In-home services
  • Financial issues
  • Mental health concerns
  • Nursing home / assisted living placements
  • Memory loss concerns
  • Hoarding issues


For non-elders, social services are available to assist with fuel assistance applications, Good Neighbor Energy Fund applications, and possible help in financial emergencies.


The Adult Center/COA currently offers two social worker facilitated support groups: one for caregivers and one for those with Parkinson’s Disease.


For more information and assistance, call the Sharon Adult Center/Council on Aging, 781-784-8000, and ask for the social worker.