Information is rapidly changing, and the Town of Sharon will continue to use this site to keep residents up-to-date as new information becomes available. Please refer to the tabs on the left for resources and information.
May 18 Update:
Face Masks Required Effective 5/6/2020
Effective May 6, all residents over the age of two must use a face covering or mask in public places where maintaining proper social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are not possible. Read the Order here.
The Select Board was recently granted authority under new state laws to postpone the Annual Town Meeting and the Annual Town Election and to waive interest on certain payments made after due dates. On April 7, 2020, the Select Board voted the following:
- To postpone Annual Town Meeting scheduled for May 4, 2020 and the Annual Town Election now scheduled for May 19, 2020 to dates to be determined prior to June 30, 2020; (Select Board voted on 5/12 to hold Annual Town Election on June 23; Annual Town Meeting TBD)
- To waive any interest and penalties on property tax bills due May 1, 2020 from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020; and
- To waive the interest and any other penalties for late payment of any excise tax or water use bill with a due date on or after March 10, 2020 when payment is made after its respective due date but before June 30, 2020
- For food pantry requests, click here. For general assistance, click here. For those who cannot complete either of these forms, please call the Fire Department's non-emergency line at 781-784-1522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For those that want to help their fellow Sharon neighbors, please click here to donate. If you prefer to donate by check, please make the check payable to Sharon Fire Department, add COVID-19 Donation in the memo line, and mail it to 211 South Main Street, Sharon, MA 02067.