May 16, 2023 Annual Town Election
Click on Images for close up view
|January 24, 2023||Nomination Papers available||Town Clerk's Office||starting at 8:00am|
|March 28, 2023||Last day to obtain Nomination Papers||Town Clerk's Office||by 5:00pm|
|March 28, 2023||Last day to submit Nomination Papers||Town Clerk's Office||by 5:00pm|
|April 13, 2023||Last day to object to or withdraw from a nomination||Town Clerk's Office||by 5:00pm|
|April 21, 2023||Last day to register to vote||Town Clerk's Office||by 5:00pm (in-person)|
|May 1, 2023||2023 Annual Town Meeting||High School Auditorium||at 7:00pm|
|May 16, 2023||2023 Annual Town Election||High School Gymnasium||7:00am - 8:00pm|
Offices on the Ballot:
|Board of Assessors||1 Seat||3 Year Term|
|Board of Library Trustees||2 Seats||3 Year Term|
|Housing Authority||1 Seat||5 Year Term|
|Moderator||1 Seat||3 Year Term|
|Planning Board||1 Seat||5 Year Term|
|School Committee||2 Seats||3 Year Term|
|Select Board||1 Seat||3 Year Term|
|Town Clerk||1 Seat||3 Year Term|
Candidates and Status of Nomination Papers:
* Indicates a Candidate for Re-election
** Indicates a Candidate Currently in Position by Appointment
|Board of Assessors||Anne M. Carney*||01/24||03/16||03/16||-----||Yes|
|Board of Library Trustees||Carolyn L. Weeks*||01/25||02/15||02/15||-----||Yes|
|Board of Library Trustees||Sarah W. Windman*||01/24||02/13||02/13||-----||Yes|
|Housing Authority||Xander Shapiro*||01/30||03/20||03/21||-----||Yes|
|Planning Board||Xander Shapiro**||01/30||03/20||03/21||-----||Yes|
|School Committee||Julie DeFalco Rowe*||01/24||03/27||03/27||-----||Yes|
|School Committee||Adam J. Shain*||01/25||03/06||03/06||-----||Yes|
|Select Board||Hanna Switlekowski*||01/24||03/07||03/08||-----||Yes|
|Town Clerk||Mark F. Hogan*||01/24||01/30||01/30||-----||Yes|
Interested in Running For Office:
If you are interested in running for office please read "A Candidate's Guide to Running for Town Office in Sharon in 2023"
To Download the Guide: Click Here
Register to Vote:
April 21, 2023 - Deadline to Register to vote
(For both the Annual Town Meeting and Election)
Ways to Vote:
* On Election Day: May 16, 2023:
At the Sharon High School Gymnasium
7:00am - 8:00pm
School Starts at 8:00am and Ends at 2:40pm. Due to traffic issues around the start and end of the school day, I strongly recommend avoiding those times.
Click on Images for close up views:
(Depending on construction this is subject to change)
* Vote By-Mail or Absentee (By-Mail):
May 9, 2023 - Deadline to submit a Vote By-Mail or Absentee (By-Mail) Application.
* Returning Applications for a Vote By-Mail or Absentee Ballot:
(Links for Applications Bellow)
Applications may be returned by mail, or in-person at the Town Clerk’s Office. Applications may also be submitted by fax to (781) 784-1518 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider any of the methods that are not through the mail. The signature must be visible and signed in substantially the same manner as a handwritten signature (signed by mouse, stylus, or finger). Applications with typed signatures will not be accepted. All applications must be received by the Town Clerk’s Office no later than 5:00pm on May 9, 2023. I encourage you not to wait that long.
* Returning Your Completed Vote By-Mail or Absentee Ballot:
When you have finished voting, place your ballot in the affidavit envelope, and sign the envelope. When returning a ballot, I strongly recommend avoiding the mail and instead placing it in our drop box, located in the vestibule of Town Hall. The drop box is available 24/7. All ballots must arrive at the Town Clerk’s Office by 8:00pm on May 16, 2023. DO NOT bring your ballot to the High School; it MUST be dropped off at Town Hall!
* For a 2023 Vote By-Mail Ballot Downloadable Paper Application - Click Here
* To request a 2023 Vote By-Mail Ballot through the Online Portal - Click Here
* To Track the Status of Your Vote By-Mail Ballot - Click Here
* Requesting an Absentee Ballot:
* To qualify for an Absentee Ballot, you must:
* Be away from Sharon on Election Day;
* Have an accessibility issue that prevents you from voting at the High School; or
* Have a religious belief that prevents you from voting at the High School on Election Day.
* For a Mail-In Absentee Ballot Application - Click Here
* Accessible Voting:
May 9, 2023 - Deadline to submit a Accessible Voting Application.
Voters in MA who are unable to physically mark a paper ballot have the option to vote in person with the aid of our AutoMARK device, or with the aid of a human assistant. They have also had the option to vote by mail with the aid of a human assistant. Those options are all still available, but now there is a new option for voting remotely. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts now offers an Accessible Ballot that allows voters who are unable to physically mark a paper ballot on their own, the ability to vote independently.
An Accessible Ballot can be emailed to a qualified individual, that will allow them to vote using their own personal technology, such as screen readers.
If you qualify for an Accessible Ballot you can request one through the following options:
* To request a 2023 Accessible Ballot through the Online Portal - Click Here
* For a 2023 Accessible Ballot Downloadable Paper Application - Click Here
In order to receive an Accessible Ballot an email address must be provided. People who do not qualify have accidently requested an accessible ballot, so our office may reach out to confirm your request before sending the ballot.
* Tabulator Testing:
May 3, 2023, at 2:00pm at the Town Clerk’s Office, we will be testing our tabulators. This is a routine requirement before any election and is open to the public.
Sign Holding During Voting:
* Holding Rules:
* Do not attach signs to trees. MGL Chapter 87, Section 9
* Do not attach signs to fences, structures, poles, rocks or other objects. MGL Chapter 266, Section 126
* Any signs that are designed to be held must be held. You are not allowed to attach signs to anything and leaning them up against something creates a public safety issue.
* 150 Foot Rule:
* No Campaigning is allowed within 150 Feet of the election. MGL Chapter 54, Section 65
Click on the Image for a close up view.
Campaigning can occur in the green zones.
* Election Day:
Sharon High School Gymnasium
Click on the Image for a close up view.
(This Image Will Be Posted After the Installation of the New Parking Lot Between April 17-21, 2023)
Campaigning can occur 150' from the gymnasium.
Campaign Staff Parking:
* Due to new Parking Lot being installed the week of April 17-21, 2023 this information is currently unavailable.