- Commonwealth's COVID-19 Website - everything you need to know about COVID-19 in Massachusetts
- Reopening Massachusetts Plan & Resources
- Stop COVID-19
- Returning to School Safely
- Daily Briefing Videos - Watch the latest update from Governor Charlie Baker and Administration officials here.
- Baker-Polito Administration Covid-19-Related Press Releases
- COVID-19 State of Emergency - Emergency orders, and guidance associated with the COVID-19 State of Emergency
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Response Dashboard - This dashboard is continuously updated and captures information about current COVID 19 case counts, cases by age, cases by county, hospital status, hospital bed status, death tolls, and deaths by age. Users should refresh the dashboard on a daily basis as enhancements are continuously being added.
- Unemployment & COVID-19
- Department of Transitional Assistance Online Portal
- Attorney General's COVID-19 Resources
- Frontline - frontline worker resources
- COVID-19 Testing - What you need to know about testing & a downloadable full list of test sites
- Buoy Symptom Checker - check your symptoms for COVID-19 online
- Massachusetts 2-1-1 - Mass 211 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects callers to information about critical health and human services available in their community. It serves as a resource for finding government benefits and services, nonprofit organizations, support groups, volunteer opportunities, donation programs, and other local resources. Always a confidential call, Mass 211 maintains the integrity of the 9-1-1 system saving that vital community resource for life and death emergencies.
- Mass.gov: Know, Plan, Prepare - Are you prepared in case of an emergency? You can take action by developing a preparedness plan for weather emergencies, power outages, and other events. Encourage your friends, neighbors, and family to have an emergency plan that fits their needs. A prepared community is a resilient community!
- MBTA COVID-19 Updates
- Registry of Motor Vehicles COVID-19 Information
- Visual communication tool for deaf/hard of hearing individuals or those who do not speak English
- Resources and Tips to Help Boost Emotional Health & Well-Being During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center
In order to provide support to families and communities who have suffered loss as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the American Red Cross has developed a Virtual Family Assistance Center (VFAC), staffed by a team of specially trained mental health, spiritual care, and health services volunteers who are:
- Connecting with families over the phone to offer condolences, emotional and spiritual support, and access to available resources
- Providing support for virtual memorial services for families, including connecting with local faith-based community partners
- Hosting online classes to foster resilience and facilitate coping skills
- Assisting families with access to national, state or local resources such as grief counseling, legal resources, funeral information, financial information services, or veterans’ assistance
- Additional state- and local-specific resources are available.
People can visit: https://www.redcross.org/virtual-family-assistance-center/ma-family-assistance-center.html to access this resource with special virtual programs, information, referrals and services to support families in need. People without internet access can call toll-free 833-492-0094 for help. All Family Assistance Center support will be provided virtually and is completely confidential and free.