December 27, 2021 Update from the Health Department:
December 23 Covid-19 Update from the Health Department
September 30 Covid-19 update from Leandra McLean RN, BSN, Sharon Public Health Nurse/ Administrator:
We are moving the needle with our efforts here in Norfolk County in regard to COVID community transmission! We have gone from HIGH risk (like the rest of the Commonwealth except Martha’s Vineyard) to SUBSTANTIAL risk over the past week. A step toward returning to a more normal life!!
- Please continue to be vigilant.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Wear a mask out in public or when with others you don’t live with.
- Get vaccinated if you are able.
- Wash your hands frequently.
Continue to monitor our progress at https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view
September 14 Covid-19 update from Leandra McLean RN, BSN, Sharon Public Health Nurse/ Administrator:
- Breakdown of cases since 8/1/2021- 9/5/2021 (5 weeks): 89 POSITIVE cases investigated (figures do not include any contact tracing, unless they too became positive)
- Under age 12/no vaccine available to age group: 10 (11%)
- Not vaccinated: 28 (31%)
- Fully vaccinated: Pfizer: 30 (34%)
- Moderna: 19 (21%)
- Janssen: 2 (2%)
These are the actual individually counted numbers for our public schools as of 9/9/2021 9am for grade 7 and higher from sources reported in health information for students/staff and MIIS (Massachusetts Immunization Information System, where vaccines are reported by providers). All COVID case information is based on a case by case breakdown from all information entered into state reporting (which should be inclusive of all positive testing) with regard to COVID cases.Sharon Mask Mandate
- Town buildings mask mandate: 8/5/2021
- Town wide indoor mask mandate: 8/23/2021
- Norfolk County has moved from “substantial” to “high” risk under Levels of Community Transmission from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Sharon Public Schools returned 8/30/2021 with masks/ social distancing/ layered environmental modifications
- Presently 63% SMS students fully vaccinated, 72% SHS fully vaccinated, 73% SPS staff fully vaccinate
- Test and stay in place with protocols from DESE
- No COVID + or symptomatic children/staff remain at school
- Parents are notified of close contact exposure to make monitoring plan with school
- Close contacts (who have no symptoms) may remain at school and test daily
- Students with exposures outside of school are not eligible for test and stay
- School sponsored activities (ex. sports/drama) are included in test and stay
- SPS pool testing only 30% students/staff have enrolled
- Easy enrollment, free, requires no confirmatory retesting