TOWN OF SHARON
OPEN BURNING SEASON
JANUARY 15 – MAY 1
The 2023 Open Burning season runs from January 15 through May 1 and is conducted in accordance with Code of Massachusetts Regulations 310 CMR 7.07.
Any resident wanting to burn is required to register for a permit from the Fire Department for EACH DAY they wish to burn. Burning permits are issued on a DAILY basis.
How to obtain an Open Burning Permit online:
- Visit https://www.townofsharon.net/fire-department and select “Open Burning Permit” on the left side of the page.
- Follow instructions to create a Community Connect account.
- Once a Community Connect account has been registered, you may log in to your account and request a burning permit through the Burning Permit tile.
- There is no cost for a burning permit if obtained through Community Connect.
How to obtain an Open Burning Permit in-person:
- Visit the fire station Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm and pay $5.00 fee (exact change only). Staff will assist you with registering an account.
- To request permission to burn, you are required to call the fire department at 781-784-1522 each day you are requesting to burn, and a shift officer will assist.
What is Community Connect?
Community Connect is a free, secure, and easy to use platform that allows you to share critical information about your household that will aid first responders and emergency response personnel when responding to your residence. When seconds matter, responding personnel can quickly view the information that you have provided such as your family meeting place, utility shutoffs, pets, and emergency contact information. To register for an account, visit the fire department website, click the link below, or scan the QR code.
|2023 open burning permit notice||110.33 KB|