I have a dead animal on my property, who should I call?

The Department of Public Works handles all dead animals found on the streets of Sharon. 781-784-1525. Dead wild animals found on personal property is the responsibility of the homeowner. Using a shovel, the animal may be placed in a plastic bag and disposed of in the trash or removed to a wooded area abutting you. Domestic animals found dead on your property should be called in to the Animal Control Department for removal and identification.