I found an injured animal or my neighbors are mistreating their pet…what do I do?

All questions involving injured animals, or cruelty complaints should be referred to the Animal Control Department at (781) 784-1513. If it is an emergency and the Animal Control Officer is unavailable please contact the Police Department at (781) 784-3535 and they will contact the Animal Control Officer by pager for immediate response.

Any vehicle operator who strikes an animal should stop (unless stopping would endanger human life), render assistance as soon as possible and report the injury or death to the animal's owner, if known, the Animal Control Department, and/or the Police Department.

Cruelty complaints may also be issued to the MSPCA at 1 (800) 628-5808.