Hours of Operation
Monday-Wednesday: 8:30 am to 5:00pm
(Wed. closed to the public but records available on counter)
Thursday: 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Richard B. Gorden, M.A.A., Chair
- Ellen W. Abelson
- Paula B. Keefe
The Board of Assessors is responsible for the fair and equitable valuation of all real and personal property in the Town, according to the laws of the Commonwealth. The values generated by the Assessors are updated annually. The valuation date is January 1st. The values are reviewed and certified triennially by the State Department of Revenue. The last triennial certification of the approximately 7,000 parcels of real estate and 130 accounts of personal property occurred for Fiscal Year 2014.
The Assessors Office generates the bulk of the revenue for the Town of Sharon through real and personal property taxes. Real and personal property tax bills are issued Quarterly.
Assessors Meetings: Selected Weekdays at 10:30 AM
Fiscal Year 2014 Tax Rate for all Property Types: $20.55
Other services provided by the Assessors Office include:
- Establish a tax rate
- Review and act upon abatement requests for real estate and personal property
- Review and act upon abatement requests for motor vehicle excise
- Review and act upon personal exemptions for real estate (Elderly, Veteran, Blind, Surviving Spouse)
- Review and act upon applications for classification of real estate as agricultural/horticultural, forestry or recreational land
- Provide property information to brokers, appraisers, attorneys and the general public
- Certify abutters lists
- Update assessments based upon building permit work
|Patti Morrison||Administrative Assistant||781-784-1500 x1151|
|Jennifer DeGregorio||Senior Clerk||781-784-1500 x1152|
|Mark Mazur||Administrative Assessor||781-784-1500 x1150|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have a question or concern about my property that I want addressed by the Assessors' Office?
- What are the median assessed values of single families, two families and condominiums for Fiscal Year 2014?
- What percentage of market value are the assessed values?
- I heard about someone inspecting properties in Town, what is that all about?
- I have a new house and recently I received a supplemental tax bill for the same fiscal year. Why did I receive more than one tax bill for the same property for the same fiscal year?